Mailing List

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The third definitely has a very good and satisfying end. :)

It's pretty much an epic ride and destruction of Kell's homeland, with the demon of chaos and magic running rampant and generally being smarter than the rest of the characters as well as being a lot more powerful. I was sitting on the edge of my seat to see just how our heroes would pull off a fix or even if there could be a fix.

It is definitely hard to pull off a good end with a series like this, but I'm happy to say that the author does it, wrapping up so many loose ends and even addressing the original first book's trick by forcing us down the path of a truly hard fix. And it was hard.

And painful. There were deaths.

I definitely don't have any complaints. :) I really enjoyed this book. It has quite the pathos, great action, and tons of magic and, of course, many destructions of all, or almost all, Londons. :)

What more can we ask for? We all love to see London burn, don't we? :)

I totally recommend for story and character and all the magical goodness. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment